Here you will be able to install Google Play Store on virtually any device: Android smartphones and tablets, iOS devices (iPhone and iPad), and also for Windows PC and Mac computers (using BlueStacks).
BEFORE installing Google Play Store…
We will explain EVERY extra step in order to install it perfectly on virtually any device.
Download the Google Play Store APK
You will need to have first downloaded the Play Store APK File. No matter which type of device you want to install the app on, you will need the files. You can do this using the updated link in our previous post.
Anyone who wants to use Play Store needs a Google account. Any Gmail email address of yours will work for this purpose.
Need to be jailbroken (Only for iOS)
Explained below. Play Store naturally only runs for Android, so if you don’t make some changes on your iOS settings, you won’t be able to install it properly.
Play Store is an app designed for Android devices, so it will be much easier and faster to install it on them than in other type of device like iOS or Windows.
All non-Android systems will need to use some third-party applications (or some extra steps) in order to work smoothly with Google Play. By themselves, iOS and Windows can’t read this type of file (.APK, originally meant for Android).
Unless you are running Android OS, you will need other aplications before installation. This means you will need an Internet or mobile data connection (it is meant for PC installation, iOS and other devices).
A USB cable or Bluetooth connection
If for some reason you didn’t download the Play Store APK directly to the device you want to install it on, you will need them or cloud sync (such as iCloud, for example) in order to transfer the files.
Install Google Play Store for Android (2 min)
FIRST you will need to have downloaded the most recent Android version (download it from here)
1. Make one quick change to your device’s security settings. Go to Settings > All > Security (the sections may be named differently depending on your device).
2. In the Security section, find the option called “Unknown sources”.
3. By default, the checkbox by this option is unchecked. In order to install Play Store on your Android, you need to check this box to enable it. If you don’t do this step, your device will reject the installation because the APK file was downloaded from somewhere other than the Google Play Store itself.
Locate the downloaded APK file
After changing your security settings, it’s time to locate the downloaded APK file.
1. If you see a “Download complete” notification, you can usually tap on this notification to open the file.
2. If you accidentally dismissed this notification or tapping it doesn’t do anything, find the app on your Android called “File Manager”. The APK file will usually be in the “Downloads” folder. Find it, and tap to open the file.
3. Finally, if you downloaded the file to your PC but want to install it on your Android, connect the device to your computer with a USB cable. Locate the APK file on your computer (usually in “Downloads” in the browser), and drag-and-drop it into the “Downloads” folder of your Android.
4. Open the Play Store APK file, and an app called “Android Package Installer” will automatically open. Find the button that says “Install”, and tap it.
5. If you receive any pop-ups asking you to confirm, tap “Accept” (or “OK”, etc.).
6. Accept the pop-up listing the permissions that Play Store is requesting – This will look the same as when you install any apps on your Android.
7. The latest version of Google Play Store will be successfully installed on your Android.
Install Google Play Store for PC
Easy to do; you will need the APK file downloaded and then you will need to download an Android emulator that will allow your computer to read and execute the .APK file extension.
1. Download BlueStacks (Android emulator)
Go to bluestacks.com and click on the ‘Download BlueStacks’ button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. If asked ‘what do you want to do with the file’, click “Save”. Then wait for the download to finish.
2. Open the new file BlueStacks
It will probably be on the ‘Downloads’ folder.
3. Follow the On-Screen instructions to install BlueStacks
It is a save file, go for the standard installation.
4. Open BlueStacks
It is like a ‘browse’ button; we will look for the .APK file you downloaded.
6. Choose the Google Play Store APK file
It will probable be in your PCs “Downloads”. Double click on it in order to let BlueStacks execute the file and install Play Store on your PC.
7. Google Play Store is successfully installed on BlueStacks
Every time you want to use Play Store on your PC, open BlueStacks and use Play Store instantly.
Install Google Play Store for iOS
You will first need to have your iOS device jailbroken. If it is jailbroken, skip to the installation; if not, keep reading.
1.1 – If your Apple device is NOT jailbroken
Hard to do; if you are not able to do it, contact someone (a friend or professional) that has experience on it. You will need a USB cable.
1. Know what version of iOS your device is running. You can do this in Settings > General > About > Version.
2. Turn off “Auto Lock” to prevent your device from locking in the middle of the jailbreak process. You can do this in Settings > General > Auto Lock, and select “Never”.
3. Turn off “Passcode Lock” in Settings > General > Passcode Lock.
4. Turn off “Find My Phone” in Settings > iCloud > Find My Phone.
5. Perform a complete backup of your iOS device with iTunes so that all of your stuff is safe and easily recoverable if something goes wrong.
6. Search online for a jailbreak tool that is compatible with your specific device and iOS version number. When you find one from a trusted website, follow the instructions they give to download and install the jailbreak tool.
7. Follow the tool’s instructions to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad. This will vary by device and iOS version.
8. When the jailbreak is finished, you will be able to go on.
1.2 – If your Apple device IS jailbroken
You will need to download some extra apps before running your Apple device as an Android.
1. Download and install the application called “Cydia” – Download and install it as you would any other app. Cydia is basically an alternative App Store for jailbroken Apple products.
2. Open Cydia and use it to search for another application called “Bootlace” – Then install it. Bootlace will allow you to configure the next two apps, which are the ones that will give your iOS device the option to run on Android OS.
3. Open Bootlace – It’s going to go through a few processes automatically, and then it will ask you to reboot. Tap “Reboot”.
4. Open Bootlace after your device is rebooted.
5. Bootlace will now automatically ask you to install another app called “OpeniBoot” – This is what will allow your Apple device to run either iOS or Android, depending on what you choose when turning the device on. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install OpeniBoot.
6. You will be asked to install an app called “iDroid”. This is the actual Android operating system that will be used to read APK files and run apps like Google Play Store on your iOS device.
7. Tap on the “QuickBoot” – Do it at the bottom of the screen, and confirm that you really want to install this app by tapping “Yes”. Your device will reboot.
8. Once it has rebooted, it will be running in Android OS.
2 – Everything set for Installing Google Play Store on iOS
1. Locate the APK file on your Apple device while booted in Android using iDroid. It may be in a “Downloads” folder somewhere. If not on the device, transfer it with a USB cable.
2. Open the Play Store APK file. Do it by tapping on it once you see on the device.
3. iDroid should read this file and begin installing automatically. If prompted, select “Install”, accept any warnings that might pop up, and follow any other instructions that appear on-screen.
4. Google Play Store is successfully installed on your iOS device. If prompted, enter your Google account information (Gmail) and start using it.